Project Assistant | Chicago
Project Assistant | Chicago
GastingerWalker& is seeking a Project Assistant for our Chicago Office who can work on a permanent part-time basis (Monday-Friday, 20 to 24 hours per week).
If interested please send your resume and portfolio to Lisa Kincaid: email@example.com.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interiors Library: Meet with sales reps, review new products, seek out new and interesting products, organize Lunch & Learns for staff, help keep Library neat and organized.
- Finishes and Materials for Clients: Order finish samples as requested by designers for projects, work with designers to develop finish palettes and finish boards for client presentations.
- Field Work: Field verifications of existing space and furniture.
- Admin Assistant duties to help make the office run smoothly will include daily general clerical tasks such as answering phones and assisting architects and designers with miscellaneous office tasks such as marketing proposals, typing, filing, general mail and FedEx.
- AutoCAD and Revit: Update AutoCAD base building drawings based on field verifications, space planning, marketing plans, assist designers with development of construction documents in Revit (primarily schedules and specifications for new office build-outs), occassional 3-D work for presentations using Revit, Sketchup or Lumion 3-D.
- Furniture and Workstations: Research, selection, budget pricing and lead times.
- Basic Requirements:
- Precision, professionalism, organization, attention to detail, a good design eye and a good business attitude, flexibility in performing a variety of tasks on any given day and multi-tasking in an office that can be very busy at times are key attributes we are looking for in candidates.
- MINIMUM requirements:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Word, Excel and Photoshop. Associates Degree in Interior Design.*
Additional knowledge of programs such as Sketchup and Lumion 3-D would be very helpful.
*If you are currently an Interior Design and/or Architecture student at a 4-year college, this job has the potential to lead to full-time employment upon your graduation depending on what our office needs are at that time.
**This is NOT a summer-only position.
About GastingerWalker& | Entire Firm Profile
GastingerWalker& is an established 55+ person Architectural and Interior Design Firm with offices in Kansas City and Chicago. Since 1981 we have been a diverse group of committed, insightful and progressive-minded professionals who are enthusiastic about the product and process of architecture and design.
About GastingerWalker& | Chicago Office
GastingerWalker& is a growing, dynamic, full-service interior architectural design firm providing professional services throughout the city of Chicago and its suburbs as well as across the country. Our core areas of business in the Chicago Office include corporate office, government and healthcare projects. Our office is located within two blocks of the blue line and Union Station, approximately four blocks from Ogilvie and the other EL lines.
Please note: No phone calls. Interviews by appointment only.